Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support allocation method in order for IB Master Account
For IB Master Account, it support place order in allocation method/Account Profiles. Do existing Alera portfolio manager support this type of order?
At this point in time Alera does not support FA accounts or allocation of orders to specific accounts.
We're interested in adding this functionality, so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us, please send us an email (contact@aleratrading.com).
(06-30-2020, 05:34 PM)admin Wrote: At this point in time Alera does not support FA accounts or allocation of orders to specific accounts.
We're interested in adding this functionality, so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us, please send us an email (contact@aleratrading.com).

I run a master account with 6 attached accounts myself. Alera is only connected to one of the 6 accounts and it works fine. I would be interested in the future to have the ability to trade the other 5 accounts with Alera.
(06-30-2020, 04:42 AM)sgarytong Wrote: For IB Master Account, it support place order in allocation method/Account Profiles. Do existing Alera portfolio manager support this type of order?

If you ever wanted to do any testing for the allocation method with a Master Account, Alera and Interactive Brokers, I'd be more than happy to help. My goal would be to simplify my trading and maybe reduce my costs for a number of Alera licenses. Right now I'm running 6 accounts with 6 separate instances of Alera. Then another 3 paper trading accounts and 3 more instances of Alera for testing. It can get quite difficult at times to keep up with everything. Perhaps with allocation, I could run just one instance of Alera for live trading and one instance for paper trading.