Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubleshooting and Known Issues
Troubleshooting and Known Issues
This thread will contain a list of known issues regarding APM and the softwares it is integrated with.
Some issues will have easy fixes if you come across them.

APM
  • After restating your computer or APM, it is possible that APM may tell you that an account is already open, when it is not. Close APM, check your task manager, and close any instances of APM. If that doesn't work, delete the lock.txt file in your account folder.

Interactive Brokers
  • Market on Close and Limit on Close orders cannot be placed outside of market hours on paper trading accounts.
    • Live accounts will work perfectly fine.
    • For paper trading accounts, you should either trade during market hours or use Market/Limit orders instead.
  • IB usually must be restarted each weekend. There is no known fix, but it is as simple as reopening it and logging back in.
I noticed that the target profit orders generated by Alera are incorrect.  I have a 2% profit target stipulated in the Alera position management section of my strategy.  However, the calculations are incorrect.  In some cases the calculations are approximately correct, but in most cases the calculations are very off and can range anywhere from 0.32% to 4.48% on my sample list.  I am not able to post the screenshots here, but wherever I look in Strategy Log or Portfolio tab the numbers are incorrect.  Thanks.
(10-28-2020, 09:54 AM)OmarS Wrote: I noticed that the target profit orders generated by Alera are incorrect.  I have a 2% profit target stipulated in the Alera position management section of my strategy.  However, the calculations are incorrect.  In some cases the calculations are approximately correct, but in most cases the calculations are very off and can range anywhere from 0.32% to 4.48% on my sample list.  I am not able to post the screenshots here, but wherever I look in Strategy Log or Portfolio tab the numbers are incorrect.  Thanks.

Sorry to hear that. If you can send a screenshot of your strategy settings, the portfolio tab, and the log file to contact@aleratrading.com, then I take a better look at the issue.
Hello, I am very interested in APM and I would like to try it. But always when I click on start to connect to ib gateway, APM crashes without any message. I tried different versions of APM, but the problem remains. I use windows 10 pro and the configuration of my device is normal (standard corporate laptop, but there are no restrictions on applications). Please, what can I do to make the program work?
(07-10-2021, 12:57 PM)xvladax007 Wrote: Hello, I am very interested in APM and I would like to try it. But always when I click on start to connect to ib gateway, APM crashes without any message. I tried different versions of APM, but the problem remains. I use windows 10 pro and the configuration of my device is normal (standard corporate laptop, but there are no restrictions on applications). Please, what can I do to make the program work?

Would it be possible for you try APM on a different computer? We have not seen this issue before.
(07-25-2021, 04:13 PM)admin Wrote:
(07-10-2021, 12:57 PM)xvladax007 Wrote: Hello, I am very interested in APM and I would like to try it. But always when I click on start to connect to ib gateway, APM crashes without any message. I tried different versions of APM, but the problem remains. I use windows 10 pro and the configuration of my device is normal (standard corporate laptop, but there are no restrictions on applications). Please, what can I do to make the program work?

Would it be possible for you try APM on a different computer? We have not seen this issue before.

Yes, I tried APM on different laptop, also on my VPS. At first APM worked on my VPS, then the same problem occurred (without any changes on my VPS). Is it possible that issue is related to ib gateway or my ib account? I have also tried several versions of APM and ib gateway. It's very frustrating because it cost a lot of time. But I like the functionality of the software, so it's worth a try.
Thanks
(08-02-2021, 10:13 AM)xvladax007 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 04:13 PM)admin Wrote:

Yes, I tried APM on different laptop, also on my VPS. At first APM worked on my VPS, then the same problem occurred (without any changes on my VPS). Is it possible that issue is related to ib gateway or my ib account? I have also tried several versions of APM and ib gateway. It's very frustrating because it cost a lot of time. But I like the functionality of the software, so it's worth a try.
Thanks

Can you please send me a copy of your account logs to contact@aleratrading.com. The account logs should be in your account directory. Also, please send a screenshot of your IB gateway settings.
I'll be able to respond to you faster through email.
Most nights I lose my IB TWS connection and I see these messages. Has anyone else encountered this and did they come up with a solution?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-23-2021, 08:02 AM)Marcel Wrote: Most nights I lose my IB TWS connection and I see these messages. Has anyone else encountered this and did they come up with a solution?

I recommend you use IB Gateway to run Alera instead of TWS -- let me know if you still see this issue with IBG.

I should probably also have APM automatically reconnect if it can't retrieve the base currency.
(11-29-2021, 11:03 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 08:02 AM)Marcel Wrote: Most nights I lose my IB TWS connection and I see these messages. Has anyone else encountered this and did they come up with a solution?

I recommend you use IB Gateway to run Alera instead of TWS -- let me know if you still see this issue with IBG.

I should probably also have APM automatically reconnect if it can't retrieve the base currency.

Just to share for others: I switched to IB Gateway and it has been working much better, it hasn't shut down unexpectedly since. Also I changed everything from the auto logoff time set for 11:45 pm to auto restart set for 8:00 am. If I get a problem with the auto restart, I'm there in the morning to see it, but there hasn't been any problems.