Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client ID
I'm running 6 instances of IB Gateway along with 6 instances of Alera for real trading. At times, I'd also like to run 6 more of both for paper trading for testing purposes. As far as I understand, I need to have a unique Client ID for each instance of Alera and IB Gateway. It would appear that IB Gateway will allow me to set any positive integer for the Client ID, but Alera will only let me select from 0 to 9, it won't let me choose 10, 11 etc. Would it be possible to have Alera able to set the Client ID higher than 9?
I believe you can use the same client ID across all your IB accounts. The client ID is so that if you were to connect APM to IBG and a different software to IBG, then both would need unique client IDs. However, since you're connecting APM to a different IBG instance each time, the client IDs shouldn't matter.

I'll go and change the limit on the client ID in APM anyways.
(11-29-2021, 11:15 AM)admin Wrote: I believe you can use the same client ID across all your IB accounts. The client ID is so that if you were to connect APM to IBG and a different software to IBG, then both would need unique client IDs. However, since you're connecting APM to a different IBG instance each time, the client IDs shouldn't matter.

I'll go and change the limit on the client ID in APM anyways.

OK, you're correct, I tried it and I can set more than one IB Gateway with the same client ID. I think the socket ports and api ports have to be unique for each instance.