Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some comments and requests
I have worked a while with APM now and I like it very much so far. It really solves a key problem to me. I have recognized several things I would like to address:
  • My account currency is EUR. It seems that this is a problem when using the Percent Strategy Allocation. Despite my Demo Account is loaded with 1.000.000 USD which is ~850.000 EUR, a 100 Percent Strategy Allocation shows only $10.14
  • Despite the PnL is showed correctly in the Portfolio Tab for the open positions, the Daily PnL and the Missed PnL in the PnL-Tab is empty. Also, the Adjustment of the Strategy Allocation USD Adj. does not work. It does not adjust anything (maybe because it does not recognize the PnL). I have the feeling, that this is also related to the account currency in EUR.
  • I run APM on my virtual private server. If I connect to the server with my mobile device to fix something, the window of APM is resized to fit to the lower resolution of my mobile device. As resizing is forbidden for the APM window, I am not able to restore the window settings and I can see only half of the items. Even after a fresh restart of APM while being connected to the server with my mobile device, the window shrinks immediately. Only after connecting with a computer which has full resolution, APM opens correctly without being resized. Therefore, it is not possible to maintain the functionality with my mobile device, which is important, when real money gets involved.
  • It seems not to be possible to run a rotational short strategy. I can run a Screener with BUY actions only, a Dual Screener with BUY and SELL actions, but no screener with SELL actions only, which is something, I would like to use.
I'm looking forward to you comments.
Andreas
(03-16-2021, 03:39 AM)andycare Wrote: I have worked a while with APM now and I like it very much so far. It really solves a key problem to me. I have recognized several things I would like to address:
  • My account currency is EUR. It seems that this is a problem when using the Percent Strategy Allocation. Despite my Demo Account is loaded with 1.000.000 USD which is ~850.000 EUR, a 100 Percent Strategy Allocation shows only $10.14
  • Despite the PnL is showed correctly in the Portfolio Tab for the open positions, the Daily PnL and the Missed PnL in the PnL-Tab is empty. Also, the Adjustment of the Strategy Allocation USD Adj. does not work. It does not adjust anything (maybe because it does not recognize the PnL). I have the feeling, that this is also related to the account currency in EUR.
  • I run APM on my virtual private server. If I connect to the server with my mobile device to fix something, the window of APM is resized to fit to the lower resolution of my mobile device. As resizing is forbidden for the APM window, I am not able to restore the window settings and I can see only half of the items. Even after a fresh restart of APM while being connected to the server with my mobile device, the window shrinks immediately. Only after connecting with a computer which has full resolution, APM opens correctly without being resized. Therefore, it is not possible to maintain the functionality with my mobile device, which is important, when real money gets involved.
  • It seems not to be possible to run a rotational short strategy. I can run a Screener with BUY actions only, a Dual Screener with BUY and SELL actions, but no screener with SELL actions only, which is something, I would like to use.
I'm looking forward to you comments.
Andreas

Hi Andreas,
  • Please send me a screenshot of your strategy settings at contact@aleratrading.com
  • I can answer this PnL issue as well over email once I get more information from the screenshot
  • We have not designed APM to work on mobile in that regard. Even if we allowed window resizing, I don't think the size of the UI would be compatible with your device unless you're using a tablet. Have you tried the remote desktop application?
  • As of now we only support screeners with long positions. Are you looking to have a screener that goes both long and short? Or a screener that goes only either long or short?
I see a problem when I'm running Alera on a higher resolution screen. My particular screen has a resolution of 2560 X 1440 and on some of my instances of Alera, the right side is cut off. If I have enough systems running, the window automatically widens and I get the right side controls. Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing. If you want to do any testing with the higher resolution and you don't have the same resolution, feel free to send to send me anything for testing:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As a work-around, I simply added a new fake system with a really long name, saved it, then reopened it, and then Alera opened in the proper wider format. So I'm fine for now, I have the right side of Alera in view. Other people may run into the same issue.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I haven't run into this before on other resolutions (4k and HD) so I'm not sure why this is happening.